[smokeping-users] Re: patch candidate for FPing.pm probe

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 7 12:38:31 MET 2005

(I'm pretty sure I sent a followup on this yesterday, but it seems
it got lost. Apologies for possible duplicates anyway.)

In article <F1C891E8-4B93-11D9-ADC4-003065FB84C2 at xmlhq.com>, cwitte wrote:

> I modified FPing.pm to calculate the delay between ping packets based
> on the configured period length, so that the pings would be sent over
> the duration of the period.

This is oldish, but I think it's a good idea. It should just be made
configurable, with an option like "spread". I'll look into it.

It would be nice to have something like this for the other probes too,
but doing it in a generic way would mean quite big changes. Hmm...

> -- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
> -- Type: application/octet-stream
> -- Size: 4k (4651 bytes)

Cheers,
--