[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping 2 w/RADIUS?

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 3 13:14:34 MEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:43:44AM -0700, Keith Redfield wrote:
> I'm trying to get smokeping 2 working with the RADIUS probe - the daemon seems to handle the new conf syntax fine, but the cgi coughs up:
>

> ERROR: /etc/smokeping/smokeping.conf, line 127: unknown variable 'username'
> (and this repeats for every probe_conf variable - yes I removed + PROBE_CONF lines :)

Hi,

sounds like the CGI might still be using the 1.x Smokeping.pm library.
Check the 'use lib' lines in smokeping.cgi (and restart the speedyCGI
process just in case).

Another thing to check is the daemon's output; you can verify that it
works with the '--debug-daemon' option.

If that doesn't help, please send me your config file so I can test it.

Cheers,
Niko Tyni		ntyni at iki.fi