[smokeping-users] Smokeping 2.x testing

Dan McGinn-Combs Dan.McGinn-Combs at Geac.com
Mon May 16 19:18:46 MEST 2005

I've been working with version 2.0 since it was made available. I
haven't noticed anything terribly unusual. The following are my only
"concerns":

1) I notice that sometimes, perhaps due to the parallel probing, that I
get the system DOWN and system UP alerts almost simultaneously. This of
course, keeps me from falling into too deep a sleep during the 5 minute
period waiting to see if the device comes back up. :)
2) I was conflustered by the lack of ISG:Parse and modified tSmoke by
commenting out the USE statement to make it work. I don't think it ever
really needed it anyway. :)
3) On upgrading from 1.x to 2.x I really didn't need to make any changes
to my config file (except removing the PROBE configuration options).
This was a welcome feature!

Dan