[smokeping-users] Re: Request for Smokeping

Antonin Faltynek antonin.faltynek at cz.tiscali.com
Thu Sep 8 16:02:21 MEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 08:53 -0400, gmourani at privalodc.com wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I use Smokeping since 1 year now and I've to say that it's a very nice
> tool to get information about latency for all devices on the network. From
> my experience I've remarked that if we can have a top 10 list of devices
> generating most latency, then Smokeping will become better again and more
> complete.
>
> A top 10 list allow us to get quick view and information on devices having
> most latency. This is especially usefull when you monitor lot of devices
> (>=50) because passing through all graph to check for this information
> will take lot of time (as you can imagine). This is my 2 cent
> recomendation for future version or maybe some one already know how to do
> it with version 2.0.1.
>
> Gerhard,
>
> --

I'm using not some kind of 'TOP10', but it is report with defined max
values of packet loss or rtt, every device that overstep this limits is
reported. It is possible to define several reports, with diferent
limits.

I'm using this report for 4hour statistics.

--
Faltynek Antonin
System Programmer

TISCALI Telekomunikace Ceska republika s.r.o.
Delnicka 12
170 04 Praha 7 - Czech republic

ICQ:   #76 22 54 01

Tel:   +420 226 026 484