[smokeping-users] Re: the efficiency of drawing the delay smokeping picture in the smokeping.cgi program

Leos Bitto smokeping at leos.cz
Wed Sep 14 13:49:34 MEST 2005

ChunjingHan wrote:
> hi:all
> 	Now I have configured the somkeping in my server and run for days. my smokeping config file includes more than 100 endpoints and the step=300 and pings=20.
>
> 	Every time after I open the smokeping.cgi on my web page and select a endponit link on the left web page ,the correspond graph page is created very slowly on the right web page.
>
> 	The speed of drawing the delay smokeping picture by rrdtools is beyond my project endurance .How can improve the the efficiency of the smokeping.cgi?

Hello,
I think that you have some performance issues which might not be related
to Smokeping. I monitor over 30 hosts with step=60 and pings=20. I do
this on a server with one Intel Celeron 2.60 GHz, 1 GB RAM and 2 SATA
disks in software RAID1 setup, with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
installed. I use RRDTool 1.2.11 (it might make some difference over
1.0.x). This server does many other tasks, too. I use plain perl instead
of speedycgi (I had problems to integrate it with SELinux) and I stil
have very nice performance - the slowest part seems to be transferring
of the image to the client (over a 1 Mbps line).

Leos Bitto