[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping IOSPing

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Thu Apr 27 20:47:02 MEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:40:09PM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> i have IOSPing configured in my config-file.
> After a "smokeping reload" i have no(!) error messages on the console and in the syslog,
> but the charts do not get filled... there is no data in the graphs.

Hi,

try 'smokeping --debug', and see if there's anything there that looks
relevant.

The IOSPing module isn't very chatty or smart. It just stuffs its IOS
commands into an rsh session and hopes for the best. If it gets an rsh
session going at all, the problem is probably that your IOS version
doesn't accept all the commands. You'll have to look at the module
source code if you want to investigate this.

The TelnetIOSPing module is probably a better bet.

> Btw is there a possibility to setup smokeping to generate logfiles for the targets?

As Kennedy mentioned, there's 'rawlog'.

On the TelnetIOSPing front, I'm quite confused by now since you have
sent several mails with different problems.  If you still have some,
please explain them again, send the result of 'smokeping --debug' and
your full configuration file.

Cheers,
Niko Tyni	ntyni at iki.fi