[smokeping-users] Re: [OT ] Re: Not receiving any alerts

Mersberger, Robert Robert_Mersberger at BeverlyCorp.com
Fri Aug 4 15:33:41 MEST 2006

I am sorry to, because this sort of reply has no business being on the
user list as it has nothing to do with the resolution of the problem.
You are entitled to your opinions but it is not necessary to share it
here.

-----Original Message-----
From: smokeping-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
[mailto:smokeping-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Amedee Van
Gasse
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 5:49 AM
To: Vibin Andrews
Cc: smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [smokeping-users] [OT ] Re: Not receiving any alerts

On Fri, August 4, 2006 10:29, Vibin Andrews said:

> This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its
> contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the
> intended purpose only. Internet communications are not secure;
> therefore, RMESI does not accept legal responsibility for the contents

> of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the
> author only and not of RMESI. If this email has come to you in error,
> please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that RMESI
> may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

Hi,

I'm sorry but I have an itch every time I see an email with 2 or 3 lines
of real message, and 50 lines of legalistic disclaimer. And whenever I
have an itch, I scratch. It's nothing personal.

The fact that you posted your message to a public discussion list, means
that it no longer is confidential. So your "legal disclaimer" is
invalid.

> Freedom of Information Act 2000
> This email and any attachments may contain confidential information
> belonging to RMESI.  Where the email and any attachments do contain
> information of a confidential nature, including without limitation
> information relating to trade secrets, special terms or prices these
> shall be deemed for the purpose of the Freedom of Information Act 2000

> as information provided in confidence by RMESI and the disclosure of
> which would be prejudicial to RMESI's commercial interests.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is only valid in your country. In my
country, other laws apply, like the "Wet op de Bescherming van de
Persoonlijke Levenssfeer" of 8 december 1992, and other laws.

> This email has been scanned for viruses by Trend ScanMail.

I'm glad to hear that.
It has also been scanned for spam by Spambayes and Spamassassin.

HTH, HAND.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) (collectively, this 'Email') are intended
only for the confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient named above or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient named above, you have received this Email in error.
Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this Email and any copies thereof.