[smokeping-users] Re: Multiple instances with multiple configs

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Aug 29 18:25:22 MEST 2006

Hi Michael,

Today Michael McCarn wrote:

> I put all my "hosts" into separate files, then reference them using
> "@include" in my main config.
>
> I end up with etc/config for the system-wide stuff, and
> etc/config.clienta, etc/config.clientb, etc/config.clientc, all
> referenced in /etc/config using "@include".
>
> If I edit etc/clienta I then need to "touch etc/config" and
> "bin/smokeping --reload" to have the changes recognized.

you might evenn want to add special wraper conf files for smokeping
daemon and smokeping cgi:

daemon-1.conf
@include glob.inc
@include body1.inc
@include body2.inc

daemon-2.conf
@include glob.inc
@include body3.inc
@include body4.inc

daemon-3.conf
@include glob.inc
@include body5.inc
@include body6.inc

and then

cgi.conf
@include glob.inc
@include body1.inc
@include body2.inc
@include body3.inc
@include body4.inc
@include body5.inc
@include body6.inc

if you wanted to run separate instances of smokeping. I am not
entirely sure why one would want todo this, since smokeping fork

http://tobi.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902