[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping RPM

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Dec 7 21:01:54 MET 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:29:56 +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Hi Chandler,
>
> if you send it to me I will put it up in the contrib area ...
>
> chers
> tobi

Hello Tobi,

I am the originator of the RPM in question.  I have updated them to 2.0.9
for Fedora Core 6, CentOS/RHEL 3 and 4 and corrected the problem Chandler
had with rebuilding them.

You can retrieve the RPMs here:

http://ftp.nakedape.cc/pub/nakedape/rpms/main/el3/rpm/smokeping/
http://ftp.nakedape.cc/pub/nakedape/rpms/main/el4/rpm/smokeping/
http://ftp.nakedape.cc/pub/nakedape/rpms/main/fc6/rpm/smokeping/

They can be used directly with yum:

http://ftp.nakedape.cc/pub/yam/el3-i386/RPMS.nac-main/
http://ftp.nakedape.cc/pub/yam/el4-i386/RPMS.nac-main/
http://ftp.nakedape.cc/pub/yam/fc6-i386/RPMS.nac-main/

Feel free to pull my spec file if you'd like to distribute it with you
releases; that will make it easier to people to build it themselves.

Note that I explicitly filter the dependencies to exclude all but the most
basic tests.  All dependencies not my by these systems can be resolved
through RPMforge repositories.  (http://www.rpmforge.net)

Wil