[smokeping-users] SmokePing Capacity For Large Scale Deployment...

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Tue Jan 17 20:55:18 MET 2006

All,

I am looking into a full scale deployment of smokeping (5,000+
devices). Currently, I'm trying to figure out the number of devices that
smokeping can handle and the hardward requirements. I'd appreciate it if
anyone can help me answer the questions of:

1) Is there/what is a Max number of devices that smokeping can handle
(or how many you are currently monitoring).
2) The hardware resources that are needed to run smokeping at its
maximum capacity (or the hardware you are currently running).

Thanks for your help!

-Dan