[smokeping-users] Re: passing parameters to fping?

Peter Klausner peter.klausner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 11:00:52 MEST 2006

Recently, I came across the root of all this: fping 2.2 on a stock
Suse 9.0ignores the timeout option.  I did not verify whether it is
2.2 in general or just specific builds, but I never saw this happen with any
2.4* fping.  Checking the changelog turns up:
v2.3b1 - A typo with the time specified on the command line (note from JE:
bug was using 10 instead of 100)
So I guess 2.2 actually works, if you specify the tenfold timeout value.
 But as 2.4 is already 5 years old, 2.2 is probably not worth further
investigation...
Regards,
Peter Klausner