[smokeping-users] Re: problem with smokeping.cgi

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Tue May 23 01:54:26 MEST 2006

On 5/22/06, Christopher L Grundemann <cgrundemann at wavmax.com> wrote:
> I just installed smokeping-2.0.8 on a CentOS 4 box (2.6.9-34.ELsmp) running
> httpd-2.0.52-22.ent.centos4, rrdtool-1.2.13, perl 5.8.5 and
> CGI-SpeedyCGI-2.22
>
> Smokeping appears to be functioning properly - I am receiving the alerts
> etc.

Hi Chris,

It looks like it's complaining about a permission problem.  Did you
compile RRDTool or install with RPMs?  I believe I used RRDTool from
Dag's repository.   Have SmokePing running on several CentOS boxes
(both 3.X and 4.X) with no issues.  Let me know if you can't get it
working and we can try to figure it out.

Regards,
Kennedy