[smokeping-users] Re: problem with smokeping.cgi

Christopher L Grundemann cgrundemann at wavmax.com
Tue May 23 17:17:00 MEST 2006

Thank you Kennedy.

I compiled rrdtool (along with freetype, libart, libpng and zlib) as root.
I may try to roll that all back and use RPM.  Before that, any idea as to
what permissions could be wrong?  I have looked and actually think that most
are on the liberal side...

The error appears to originate at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.  There
is a comment there that says this:

    # Many dynamic extension loading problems will appear to come from
    # this section of code: XYZ failed at line 123 of DynaLoader.pm.
    # Often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
    # C code of the extension XS file. Perl reports the error as being
    # in this perl code simply because this was the last perl code
    # it executed.

Maybe this is a better clue to someone who is more of a developer than I.

Also, I notice that although I have installed the x64 version of CentOS,
Perl still uses the i386-linux-thread-multi/ dir name - maybe this is just a
common dir name or maybe it is a possible issue?

~Chris