[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping and echoping

mchandler at solutions.canon.com mchandler at solutions.canon.com
Tue Nov 14 18:08:29 MET 2006

I don't know if that's enough information for the probe or the target.

I defined echoping like this:

+ EchoPingHttp

binary = /usr/bin/echoping
forks = 5
offset = 50%
step = 60
pings = 10
ignore_cache = yes

And I defined my targets like this:

++ NYC

probe = EchoPingHttp
menu = NY City Government
title = New York City Government
host = www.nyc.gov
port = 80
url = /portal/index.jsp

HTH,

Chandler Bing

             "Jeff Welty"
             <weloki at gmail.com
             Sent by:                  smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
             smokeping-users-b                                          cc
             ounce at list.ee.eth
             z.ch                                                  Subject
                                       [smokeping-users] smokeping and
                                       echoping
             11/14/2006 07:51
             AM

Hi, I'm trying to add echoping as a probe within the smokeping config file.
I have under *** Probes *** this entry:
+ EchoPing
binary = /usr/local/bin/echoping
...then I see nothing, but when I enter under *** Targets *** the entry:
++ Google
probe = EchoPing

...the graph within the smokeping interface for Google completely stops
working.
What do I have wrong?
Jeff