[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping and echoping

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Wed Nov 15 09:44:34 MET 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 10:51:59AM -0500, Jeff Welty wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to add echoping as a probe within the smokeping config file.
> I have under *** Probes *** this entry:
> + EchoPing
> binary = /usr/local/bin/echoping
> ...then I see nothing, but when I enter under *** Targets *** the entry:
> ++ Google
> probe = EchoPing
>
> ...the graph within the smokeping interface for Google completely stops
> working.
> What do I have wrong?

If that's all you have in the targets section, the problem is that you aren't
telling smokeping the host you want to measure (the 'host' variable).

Otherwise, running the daemon with 'smokeping --debug' gives debugging
info. The smokeping_examples document might help, there's a section
about echoping.

If you still have problems, please include the whole config file (or at
least the Probes and the Targets sections.)

Cheers,
--
Niko