[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping RPM

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Sep 20 08:41:22 MEST 2006

Today Craig Dibble wrote:

> Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > Hi Craig,
> >
> > an idea I have been toying with for some time, is to add the ability
> > to generate a webinterface to the Parse::Config module .
>
> Nice idea. Quick question though - do you mean the Config::Grammar module?
>
> For reasons not worth going into here I had been contemplating a mechanism to
> turn the config file into XML, which would make sticking a web front end on it
> fairly trivial. Once I'd figured out a non-trivial way to XMLify it ;-)

Hi Craig,

yes .. Config::Grammar ... still confused by the name change ...

Config::Grammar does not use xml out of respect for humans who edit
config files ... xml is good for parsers not for humans ...

in any event, the config ability would have to be integrated into
config::grammar, so there is no issue with parsing, and the xml or
not question becomes irrelevant at that level ...

http://tobi.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902