[smokeping-users] alerts question - AND operator?

srj at netprl.com srj at netprl.com
Sat Aug 18 21:31:47 CEST 2007

Hi, Is there an easy way to use a logical AND with smokeping alerts?

For example, I'd like to send distinct alerts based on the following
conditions:

(loss >  15%) AND (loss <  50%)   # Poor performance,  circuit still up
(loss >= 50%) AND (loss < 100%)   # Awful performance, circuit still up
(loss == 100%)                    # Circuit down

The only documented operators I can find for the alerts section of the
config file are:

I guess I could do something like this:

(loss <  100%)                   # Loss but circuit still up
(loss == 100%)                   # Circuit down

But then we wouldn't know how severe the loss is, and we would
like to be able to differentiate.

Thought I'd be lazy and ask first before putting time into this.

Thanks!
Steve 08/18/2007