[smokeping-users] /etc/init.d start script question

Doug Lochart dlochart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:08:24 CET 2007

I am about to write an init script for smokeping and starting and stopping
smokeping is simple enough but I do notice that even after I stop apache
that I kill smokeping and Apache that the speedy_backend processes continue
to run.  I am sure the answer to my question is yes but I would like to ask
it anyway.

Do the speedy_backend processes need to be terminated when a config file
change takes place?

thanks

Doug

--
What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?