[smokeping-users] /etc/init.d start script question

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Dec 7 15:56:21 CET 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 04:25:17PM +0200, Dez Cadena wrote:

> Doug Lochart wrote:
>
> > Do the speedy_backend processes need to be terminated when a config
> > file change takes place?
> >
> in short, no :)

That's the theory, right. In practice, I have had one or two reports of
speedy_backend getting confused over configuration file changes, at least
http://bugs.debian.org/397609 . This is what I put in the Debian package:

 If you have problems getting the CGI to reload your configuration
 file after changes, you may have to kill lingering speedy_backend
 processes. See #397609. This should not happen, but I haven't found
 the bug yet. If you have a reproducible way to trigger this,
 please send me your configuration files before and after the change.

Cheers,
--
Niko