[smokeping-users] question about 'someloss' alerts..

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Fri Jun 1 18:17:32 CEST 2007

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for your email.

That did seem to help but I now see that I have some duplicate alerts,
as I copied some down from the site as well.

Does the order that they are listed in matter?

As I am still getting the someloss alert.

Below is the order that the alerts appear in my config:

+bigloss
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==0%,==0%,==0%,==0%,>0%,>0%,>0%
comment = suddenly there is packet loss

+someloss
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = >0%,*12*,>0%,*12*,>0%
comment = detected loss 3 times over the last two hours

+startloss
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==S,>0%,>0%,>0%
comment = loss at startup

+rttdetect
type = rtt
# in milli seconds
pattern = <10,<10,<10,<10,<10,<100,>100,>100,>100
comment = routing mesed up again ?

+rttbadstart
type = rtt
# in milliseconds
pattern = ==S,==U
comment = offline at startup

+offstart
type = rtt
pattern = ==S,==U
comment = Box is offline at startup

+offline
type = rtt
pattern = !=U,==U,==U
comment = Box went offline

+online
type = rtt
pattern = ==U,==U,!=U
comment = Box went online

And this is the definition I have for my main menu item.

+ PCSD
menu = PCSD
title = Poughkeepsie City School District
remark = Words of wizdom here..
alerts =
bigloss,someloss,startloss,rttbadstart,rttdetect,online,offline,offstart

Is the fact that someloss appears first in my alerts the reason that I
get the the someloss messages and not the offline messages?