[smokeping-users] Smokeping install issue

Stephen Spence sspence at clarkslegal.com
Tue Mar 6 16:05:17 CET 2007

 Hi Stefan,

I'm using Apache2, also a darwinport. I'm following http://smokeping.darwinports.com/dports/net/smokeping/Portfile for the post installation stuff.

On this build I have three paths which the port installed to:

Smokedata: /opt/local/lib/smokeping/ contains the config and smokeping
Smokeroot: /opt/local/var/smokeping/ contains the log, cgi, img, etc
Smokeetc: /opt/local/etc/smokeping/

I've added an entry to apache for localhost/smokeping:

_+_+_+_+_+_+
Alias /smokeping \"/opt/local/var/smokeping\"
        <Directory \"/opt/local/var/smokeping\">
            Allow from all
            Options ExecCGI
        </Directory>

        <IfModule dir_module>
            DirectoryIndex index.html smokeping.cgi
        </IfModule>

I can get to the apache2 root dir fine, just having problems with /smokeping

What permissions will I need to set and which? Or is it a matter of changing ownership?

Regards,
Steve