[smokeping-users] Smokeping install issue

Syed Waqqas Ahmed s.waqqas at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 21:07:24 CET 2007

Steve

  Check the permission of image folder(PNG images).. the user running webserber must have the write permissions on the folder....

  Regards
  S. Waqqas

Stephen Spence <sspence at clarkslegal.com> wrote:
  Installing Smokeping via Darwinports I'm seeing two problems that I hope somebody can help with...

Following the portfile at http://smokeping.darwinports.com everything is installed but I get a Forbidden error when visiting http://localhost/smokeping - same for the smokeping.cgi directly and Permission Denied on the .rrd when I run smokeping under -debug from the terminal. Any ideas?

The only permissions change the portfile requests is to chown on the smokedata folder for www:www (/opt/local/lib/smokeping)

TIA

Steve