[smokeping-users] Running smokeping inside a Virtual Machine

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed May 16 14:52:29 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 05:19:25AM -0700,
 Frank Wegner <fwegner at vmware.com> wrote
 a message of 252 lines which said:

> The effect I see is that when running smokeping on a physical box
> the network is fine, but when running smokeping from inside a
> virtual machine a lot of packets appear to be dropped.

The subject and the above sentence are a bit misleading. Your
experience seems only with a VMware virtual machine. Not all virtual
machines are equal.

[I run Smokeping in production inside a Xen virtual machine and
everything is fine.]