[smokeping-users] smokeping variable add

Christopher Hubbard christopher.hubbard at clearwire.com
Thu Nov 8 05:31:37 CET 2007

I am trying to make the smokealert mail that comes in for alarms show
the IP address of the device with packetloss.

Is there any variable that has been defined that I can use in the
Smokeping.pm to do this with?
(I am NOT fluent in perl, but do have an installation I can break while
I figure this out)

Any suggestions on where I need to start?

The main reason I am doing this is I heard that perl will take bash
commands internal to the script, and I am going to have the mail
function send an snmp trap before it sends the mail.

something like this:

snmptrap -v1 -c public 10.10.10.10 CW-MIB::cwtraps <##IP ADDRESS##> 6 19
'' SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 s "<##IP ADDRESS##> loss is at <##Alert##>"

In a perfect world I would be able to change the 19 as a variable so
loss25=17,  loss50=18, and loss100=19..

Is something like this even possible for a novice to do??