[smokeping-users] Gaps in Graphs

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:37:28 CET 2007

Hey Peter,

Just as I started typing a reply, I saw the following message display
in my syslog...

WARNING: smokeping took 301 seconds to complete 1 round of polling. It
should complete polling in 300 seconds. You may have unresponsive
devices in your setup.

I'm going to assume that Smokeping does not write ANY data to the RRDs
if it cannot complete the polling for EVERY device in the config?  Is
that accurate?  Other than seeing these alarms for when it fails, is
there any way to see how long its taking for the polls that succeed,
so I can see how we're doing?

Thanks!
Scott