[smokeping-users] Email Alerts?

Mostro Mostro mostro713 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:50:41 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have Smokeping setup and monitoring a few critical servers. I have two
challenges left before I'm finished. One, getting email alerts to work and
two, zoom graphs. I will address the zoom graphs in a later post.

Anyway,

Mail does leave the box using Net::Smtp. I used the perl script (below) from
a previous poster and it works. So this tell me the Net::Smtp per module
works, the firewall rules on the server work, and destination mail server
accepts my HELO.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Net::SMTP;
$smtp = Net::SMTP->new('mail.domian.com');
$smtp->mail("smokeping\@domian.com");
$smtp->to("myname\@domian.com");
$smtp->data();
$smtp->datasend("Smokeping Rules\n");
$smtp->dataend();
$smtp->quit;

sendmail also works from the command line.

I have added this (below) to the config for testing and place a bogus IP in
the hosts file. I still do not recieve an email and the mailq is empty.

+testloss
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==0%,==0%,==0%,==0%,>0%