[smokeping-users] Did not resolve to a Sub Ref. Skipping [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Wed Sep 5 00:36:50 CEST 2007

Hi Yilmaz;

I've never seen that particular error myself, but my gut feeling is that
your config file got semi-corrupted somehow -- possibly someone had the
string  'Mon Sep 3 05:34:06 2007' in their clipboard, and an inadvertent
right-click inside the xterm pasted it into the config file.  Stranger
things have been known to happen. :)

The problem could be in either the *** Alerts *** section, or in the ***
Targets *** section of your config... I would run a quick grep against
your config file for that date string to see what comes up.   If that
doesn't yield results, post back (with a redacted version of your config
file, if possible -- no need for us to see IP addresses, hostnames,
email addresses, etc, just the structure is fine) and we'll see what we
can do to help out.

Good luck!
- Peter