[smokeping-users] Minimum rrdtool for Smokeping 2.2.2?

Sorrell, Al Al_Sorrell at troweprice.com
Wed Sep 5 22:22:15 CEST 2007

I have a fairly old version of rrdtool - 1.0.48 - which was working fine
with the older version of Smokeping 2.0.5.
I just installed Smokeping 2.2.2 on a test machine and it seems to be
complaining when running smokeping.cgi:

ERROR: unknown function 'VDEF'
/export/appl/apache/htdocs/net/priv/smokeping_img/Internet-DMZ/TRPLinks/
UUnet-MCI-Internet_last_10800.png
--start
-10800
--height

Running the old (2.0.5) version of the smokeping.cgi works fine.

I seem to remember that VDEF was introduced somewhat later in RRDtool,
but not sure if this is the root of my problem or not. If a minimum
version is required, please advise as the install page simply says 1.0.x
or 1.2.x.

Thanks,
Al
Almon (Al) Sorrell
Network Engineering Consultant
T. Rowe Price - Corporate Network Services
Ph:410-345-3042 Fax:410-345-3030
Al_Sorrell at troweprice.com

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.