[smokeping-users] problem with graph time when runnng smokeping and speedycgi in a VMWare VM

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:51:20 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm running smokeping-2.1.1 in a RHEL 5 VM on VMWare ESX Server 3. I'm using
SpeedyCGI-2.22. I have a similar setup on a physical machine, except I am
using RHEL 4 there. My problem is that when the graphs are displayed, the
times at the bottom are all this year, but seem to be random dates and
times. On my setup on the RHEL 4 physical machine, the date and time are up
to date as of the last ping interval. The time on the virtual machine is
correct and I have enabled time syncing between the ESX Server and the VM by
VMWare's time configuration recommendation. Let me know if you need more
details. Is there anything I can try to fix this? Where does the time on the
graphs come from?

Thanks.

Jeff Williams