[smokeping-users] Smokeping Alerts

David Tomic young_einstein at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 10 18:32:31 CEST 2008

 >> i received 2 alerts when i have 80% percent of packet loss.

Do you mean that you received both the alerts for 'packetloss_warning'
and 'pactketloss_critical' ?

 >> What Can I do tha i can get only one notifications.

You just need to set a priority for your different alerts.

If you set packetloss_critical to priority = 1 and packetloss_warning to
priority = 2 then that should solve your problem.

IE - When packetloss exceeds 60%, which is the trigger point for
packetloss_critical, it will only send that particular alert [and not
packetloss_warning], because it's got a higher priority.

That's very simple to implement ...
`
+packetloss_warning
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==0%,==0%,>20%,>20%,>20%
comment = Enlace con Perdidas de Paquetes Repentina
priority = 2

+packetloss_critical
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==0%,==0%,>60%,>60%,>60%
comment = Enlace con Perdidas de Paquetes Severa
priority  = 1

 >> Another question its how many operators the pattern has and what it
is its meaneing?

==50 means exactly equal to 50.  Not higher, not lower ... but exactly
equal to 50.
=>50 means equal to, or greater than 50. IE - has to be 50 or higher.
=<50 means equal to, or less than 50.  IE - has to be 50 or lower.
 >50 means greater than 50. IE - It has to be 51 or higher ... equaling
exactly 50 won't count.
<50 means less than 50. IE - It has to be 49 or lower ... equaling
exactly 50 won't count.

 >> I see a priority and i set the priority and i get a error message
when i try to restart smokeping.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this?  What does the error message say?