[smokeping-users] SmokePing, Ubuntu, and Permission Errors

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Tue Apr 15 07:11:41 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 06:08:05PM -0400, Richey wrote:
> I installed it with apt-get.  I am going to uninstall it and reinstall it
> with synaptic and see what happens.

The permissions certainly should work out of the box, you aren't supposed
to touch them after installing the package.

Make sure the package gets purged when removing it ("apt-get --purge
remove smokeping" or just "dpkg --purge smokeping"), otherwise the
uninstall won't remove /var/lib/smokeping.

As others have pointed out, the web interface can be found at
/cgi/bin/smokeping.cgi by default.

Hope this helps,
--
Niko