[smokeping-users] Master/slave Mode doens't work anymore

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Wed Apr 16 17:56:19 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 04:07:59PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> Can't be a permission problem, since when I change the permissions of
> the slavesecrets.conf file, smokeping won't even start.

It still could, in case slavesecrets.conf is not readable by the web
server on the master. Please check that.

The next thing to do would be to insert some debugging statements
in /usr/share/perl5/smokeping/Smokeping/Master.pm, in get_secret().
In particular, printing out $cfg->{Slaves}{secrets} and verifying
that it's the right filename would be a good start.

Cheers,
--
Niko