[smokeping-users] new user needing help!

Cablenetguy cablenetguy at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 13:36:11 CEST 2008

I am just getting started with Unbuntu Linux (upgraded to the latest distro) and installed smokeping from within
the OS with Apache, perl, and RRDtools.
I am new to smokeping and have no idea where to get started, really, but am a quick study if I have a man page that can be read or some helpful
URL's I could peruse.
A friend of mine runs Open BSD and uses smokeping with that distro which is very vanilla, would that be better since I don't really need this box to do anything else?
I am running it on older hardware (PII450 384 MB RAM, 120 GB HDD, 32 MB VRAM card) so I don't want to push the hardware too far beyond its'
capabilities as it will be monitoring hosts on a 24-7 basis.

any help would be appreciated!

Mark
--

Otherwise known as