[smokeping-users] Smokeping only keeping 4 weeks of data

Ryan Harden hardenrm at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 1 16:36:00 CEST 2008

Tobi,

I'm not sure how to interpret the output I'm getting.
I ran the following on one of my rrds.

ctweb at nightwing:~/applications/smokeping/data/HOSTS> rrdtool info
host.rrd | awk '/cf/||/rows/{print $0}'
rra[0].cf = "AVERAGE"
rra[0].rows = 1008
rra[1].cf = "AVERAGE"
rra[1].rows = 4320
rra[2].cf = "MIN"
rra[2].rows = 4320
rra[3].cf = "MAX"
rra[3].rows = 4320
rra[4].cf = "AVERAGE"
rra[4].rows = 720
rra[5].cf = "MAX"
rra[5].rows = 720
rra[6].cf = "MIN"
rra[6].rows = 720

I'm not sure how to tell which RRA is the 1 day resolution you specify.

I can verify that this seems to be a 'rolling window' as my data only
goes back to June 26, instead of June 25 as it did yesterday.

I'm confused how this might have happened. Only a few weeks ago I had
data going back several months. What might I have done on all three
machines to cause this?

Is my only recourse to remove all the RRDs and start from scratch?

/Ryan