[smokeping-users] 25 slaves overwhelming master

Phillip Moore pdm at pobox.com
Tue Feb 26 19:50:12 CET 2008

Is there more to making speedy work than just replacing perl with is
as the interpreter for smokeping.cgi? As far as I could tell it does
not use the speedy perl module at all. The source I found for speedy
was from 2005 also.

Also, I haven't setup or hard coded any offset for the slaves to run
as I didn't see any way to do that. Its unclear if they are running
at the exact same time now, but I end up with a ton of
smokeping.cgi's stacked up when I wasn't running it with speedy. I've
yet to get speddy going 100% yet, so we'll see how that goes if I get
it working. WHen I say not 100%, speedy and the speedy_backend end up
getting run, but I got some odd errors (that I've lost now) with the
various web pages on smokeping.cgi. It also complained about the rrd
files not being compatible when I started using speedy.

I'll keep poking and see if speedy makes this work better.

Thanks,

-pdm