[smokeping-users] EchoPingHttp

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 16:06:26 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Schneider, Andreas wrote:

> im not very familiar with the echoping stuff. But i found out that i
> use version 6.0.2 on Debian 4.0

Debian 4.0 stable is known as 'Etch', which is what I'm using on my desktop.
I have version 5.2.0 of echoping on that system, not version 6.

> I tried with the -R option but nothing changed. Still got "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized".

I'm not sure that you understood my suggestion.  My suggestion was to
ask for a different URL, one which would give you a 301 response, not
a 4xx response.

You could try

man echoping

to see if the -R flag is supported.

Here is the output of a couple of echoping commands on my desktop machine:

tornado:~$ >>> echoping -R -v -h /smokeping oss.oetiker.ch
echoping: invalid option -- R
[...]
tornado:~$ >>> echoping -v -h /smokeping oss.oetiker.ch

This is echoping, version 5.2.0.

Trying to connect to internet address 213.144.138.195 80 to transmit 99 bytes...
Trying to send 256 bytes to internet address 213.144.138.195...
Connected...
TCP Latency: 0.054292 seconds
Sent (99 bytes)...
Application Latency: 0.066763 seconds
HTTP error "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
"

> Do i have to change the echoping.pm ? But what should i change?

Don't change anything until you understand what you're doing.

--

73,
Ged.