[smokeping-users] Help to execute a Java Program in Alert Section

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 16:54:17 CEST 2008

Hi there,

> to = |/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_16/bin/java -cp.:/usr/local/service\
> /web-api.jar:/usr/local/service/ AbrirIncidenteSMOKEPING

> Jul 18 11:02:37 appliance smokeping[25386]:Can't exec "/usr/local\
> /j2sdk1.4.2_16/bin/java -cp .:/usr/local/service/web-api.jar:/usr\
> /local/service/ AbrirIncidenteSMOKEPING":
> No such file or directory at lib/Smokeping.pm line 1816.
>
> When I execute the same command in a Bash Shell (using Apache user) it works
> without problem
>
> I tried to create a Bash Script in /usr/local/service/ directory calling the
> java program but I got similar behaviour

I haven't seen any reply to your mail, so...    I have never used the
facilities you're using.  To help you, I think I'd need to see exactly
what you're doing.  You have not given precise information and the
information that you have given has not been clearly rendered by email.

It looks to me like there is whitespace in a command line that should
not be there.  You might want to check very carefully that the strings
of characters that you have in your configuration files and script are
exactly the same as what you typed at the keyboard.  Otherwise, use
'script' or something to capture a terminal session and send a record
of exactly what you see, it might shed some light on the problem.

--

73,
Ged.