[smokeping-users] Tip to choose a SNMP Collector to RRD Program

Andre Gustavo Lomonaco lomonaco at ipplus.com.br
Tue Jul 22 22:51:48 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

I need a sugestion, if possible, to help me choose a right software to my
case...

I wanna a software to do exactly what smokeping do (Get Information, store
in RRD files, and have Great Thresholds and
Alerts).

But I wanna one feature that I think I can´t do today with SmokePing : Get
Information via SNMP using only the config file, without
have to change the perl code.

I think Cricket is great option, but I wanna another sugestion, maybye a new
one, like Zabbix, Zenoos, Nagios, etc

Thanks a Lot

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco