[smokeping-users] I cant get ping to work with big packets

Thu Jul 24 15:29:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:50 AM, Jon Bendtsen <jbendtsen at laerdal.dk> wrote:

> ERROR: /etc/smokeping/config.d/Targets, line 3: probe FPing missing
> from the Probes section
>

> But no, it is not missing

Shots in the dark, really...

Check that your config file is in UNIX format. I've had issues with CR
LF being wrong in the past producing some odd results. The error at
line 3 hints to this.

Any trailing spaces after the + FPing line? Not sure if that matters
but worth a check.

Is your fping application really at that path? Mine is in a different location.

In my config, I don't re-specify the path to fping for each ++ item
under the original since they inherit parent settings. Shouldn't
matter though but I just wanted to point out differences in yours and
mine.

You're also missing the "step" parameter. Maybe it defaults to one if
you don't have one set. *shrug*

Again, just stabs at it.

HTH,

Eric Brander