[smokeping-users] Any downsides to running less probes more frequently?

David Tomic young_einstein at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 25 17:11:31 CEST 2008

The default settings with Smokeping/FPing are set at 20 probes every 300
seconds [5 mintues].

Lately I'm thinking that I'd probably much prefer to run less probes
more frequently - say 5 every 60 seconds - because that should give me a
lot finer detail in my graphs, correct?

Before I go and trash all my RRDs and start over again though, I'm just
wondering if there are any obvious problems with this that I might be
missing?

So ... are there any real downsides to running less probes more
frequently like I'm thinking of doing?

Regards,
--David Tomic