[smokeping-users] Any downsides to running less probes more frequently?

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 17:17:19 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, David Tomic wrote:

> ... are there any real downsides to running less probes more
> frequently like I'm thinking of doing?

I can't imagine that this would be a problem for your CPUs or your LAN,
but be aware that things like ping can easily flood a network (even if
it's by accident) so be careful if you use them on the public Internet.

Obviously if you store more finely-textured data you will need more
space on disc to store it. :)

--

73,
Ged.