[smokeping-users] smoketrace for dummies - oh so close

jsg at internode.on.net jsg at internode.on.net
Sat Jun 14 10:43:02 CEST 2008

Thanks tobi ...

That's done the trick, and now everything is up and running properly.
Much appreciated.

There are a couple of things which I've wondered about  in my short
amount of testing though.

None of them are really major, but I hope that you might find the
feedback useful. ;)

1. If you use the filter search to find a host, then the * link for the
traceroute doesn't seem appear.

2. What needs to be edited to change the default number of probes that
the script sends, and can you lock it to a specific amount?

IE - I'd prefer not to have people be able to launch a ridiculously
large number of pings.

3. I've seen some scripts that  have a popup window launch centered in
the screen.  Would that be possible/easy to implement here?  It just
looks much nicer IMHO.