[smokeping-users] Slave Master signature error.

Shawn Rose shawnjrose at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 21:56:48 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I'm runing smokeping v2.003005. Currently I'm running it on debian
etch, and using XEN for virtualiztion ( I was using vmware before).
Now all I have done is installed smokeping, copied over configs. The
master starts without error.

When I attempt to start the slave I get

remote:~# /etc/init.d/smokeping start
Starting latency logger daemon: smokepingWARNING: Data from remote was
signed with 23ae460fd693379412175d83e5fa04d3 which does not match our
expectation

I'm have never seen this error before, and I'm stumped to as why it's
showing up.

I have my slave declared in targets, I have my slave declared in the
slave file. I have both hostnames in the host files. Lastely I have my
permissions on the secrets file
-rw-r----- 1 root www-data 13 Jun 14 19:43
/etc/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf. I have done everything with search
and replace, so I'm very confident  it's not the configs. If desired I
can include them.

This is exactly what I have setup, any what is causing?  "Data from

 --
Check out

http://www.bulldoze.ca

Cheers