[smokeping-users] TCPPing probe doesn't generate data

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 10:17:15 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 jsg at internode.on.net wrote:

> G.W. Haywood wrote:
>
> > put something like
> >
> > print STDERR @times;
> >
> > where I put the comment "put debug statement here" and then look in
> > the log (/var/log/messages?) to see what's in @times at that point.
>
> Okay ... I've done that, but I'm still not really seeing anything
> relevant printed in the /var/log/messages file.

Probably not in /var/log/messages then - that's why I put a question
mark there.  It depends how your logging is set up.  Where does Apache
send its 'error log' on your system?  That's where it will be.  It's
confusing to have debug messages going to /var/log/messages and yet
the other (Apache) log stuff going somewhere else, but that's the way
things are at present.

You also might want to try putting the same print statement after this
line:

    next unless ':' eq shift @times; #drop the colon

If there isn't an element in the array that contains just a single
colon character, it will shift everything out of it leaving it empty...

--

73,
Ged.