[smokeping-users] TCPPing probe doesn't generate data

jsg at internode.on.net jsg at internode.on.net
Tue Jun 17 18:05:15 CEST 2008

G.W. Haywood wrote:

> Here's another nasty hack, it might help verify the theory:
>
>         chomp;
>         $self->do_debug("TCPPing.pm: pingone: Got output: '$_'");
> #       next unless /^\S+\s+:\s+[\d\.]/; #filter out error messages from tcpping
>         @times = split /\s+/;
>          my $ip = shift @times;
>         $self->do_debug("TCPPing.pm: pingone: Parsed times: @times");
> #       next unless ':' eq shift @times; #drop the colon
>
> The line "next unless /^\S..." simply goes back to the top of the loop
> if the string contained in $_ (which we printed in the previous line
> if debugging is enabled) does *not* match the awesome-looking regex.
> TCPPing seems to think these must be error messages which are to be
> ignored.  I've commented out that line.  Then there's the line that
> makes an array of strings by splitting up $_ at any spaces, we need
> that line, and also the line which takes the IP/host from the first
> element of the array.  I've added another debug line and commented
> out the line which shifts the colon out of the array, because your
> array doesn't seem to have one.
>
> See what happens?
>
> --

Ged ... I almost don't believe it myself, but we have *LIFT-OFF!*

My goodness ... I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me,
because I've been pulling my hair out over this for months now.

Thank you SO much for all your help [and patience]!

Now if you'll excuse me ... I'm off to tcpping the crap out of the
internet! hehehe :p

THANKYOU!