[smokeping-users] No data being displayed for slave machine

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 17:11:46 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 jsg at internode.on.net wrote:

> > Assuming that Apache is a member of group 'nogroup':
>
> I'm not sure that it is.
>
> If I run 'groups www-data' then 'www-data' is the only group name that
> it lists ... or am I doing something wrong there?

No, that's fine.  It just means that the group is 'www-data', and not
'nobody' or 'nogroup' or 'anyothergroup'. :)  It depends on the whim of
the people who put together your Linux disribution.  Just use 'www-data'
instead in the chgrp command.

But is this point now irrelevant, if smokeping is writing to the slave
.rrd files now?

--

73,
Ged.