[smokeping-users] Slave Master signature error.

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 19:46:46 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Lars Hecking wrote:

> > note that the secrets file on the master and the slave are NOT the
> > same ... the slave just has information for the one slave while the
> > master has info on all the slaves
>
>  While playing with this, I have only one slave.

It isn't necessarily very clear from the documentation, but on the
master you need to have a 'secret' file which contains a line which
looks like this:

slave_id:secret_word

and on the slave the secret file looks like this:

secret_word

i.e. it doesn't have the slaves's ID in the line.

I suspect this is your poblem.

--

73,
Ged.