[smokeping-users] Graph scale problem

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon May 12 15:30:32 CEST 2008

Hi Tobi,

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> ... it may be some time till the ajax version is ready, so
> integrating them now, especially if they are limited to log scale
> would be a good thing

I've put a modified Smokeping.pm which does a little better (for me,
here, at least) with logarithmic graph scales here:

http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/Smokeping.with.logging.pm

YMMV.  I don't know how broken it is and I haven't tested it with
linear graphs recently.  Don't run it as root unless you like to
live an exciting life.

It has a LOT of extra logging (print STDERR ... so that apache writes
it in the error_log).  If you want to know what's going on, it might
help if you tail the log.  If you use it other than for development,
you will probably want to take it out (do a diff with the original,
then remove all the extra lines which say "print STDERR...").

I'm running this version on my Smokeping (version 2.3.6) master at the
moment with no other changes.

--

73,
Ged.