[smokeping-users] Odd cgi log messages

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat May 17 14:24:58 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Ryan Harden wrote:

> ... Do I have something configured somewhere that causes this ...
>
> [Wed May 14 04:03:32 2008] [error] [client IP-ADDRESS]  04:03:32 2008]
> smokeping.cgi [client IP-ADDRESS]: Warning: Dropping
> stddev/AITSDNS/an-uiucdns1~dclmr-buoy from sortercache

I didn't reply earlier because I don't have much to offer, but I've
seen no other reply, so...

I can see two separate occasions when this happened in my error log,
but it was when I was messing around with the configuration quite a
lot after I first installed it.  I'm guessing that I had something a
bit squiffy in my configuration that Smokeping didn't like, or that
I'd made a stupid mistake in the modifications that I was making to
(mostly) Smokeping.pm itself.

It might be worth reducing your configuration files to the minimum to
see if it goes away, and upgrading to the latest Smokeping if you're
using a old version.

--

73,
Ged.