[smokeping-users] Smokeping and Holt-Winters

Steffen Voigt lists at electrolyte.de
Thu May 15 10:11:51 CEST 2008

Hi fellows,

I'm desperatly trying to find some information (or better some kind of
how-to) on implementing or using the Holt-Winters prediction on my
smokeping installation.
(Shouldn't be such an important feature not in the Smokeping docs or
was it well-chosen to left it out and point the reader to the RRDtool
backend ?)

Though i've found this paper here from WebTV (http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa2000/full_papers/brutlag/brutlag_html/index.html
) it doesn't bring me further regarding smokeping.

So has anyone some pointer to some good documentation for Smokeping
(not Cricket, not RRDTool gory details, just from a Smokeping point-of-
view please) :-)
If it turns out not to be easily accessible via Smokeping, some good
guide to RRDTool would be nice.

Many Thanks,
sv